The Passau Institute of Digital Security (PIDS) was established in February 2020 and is an institute of the University of Passau. It is the successor of the Institute for IT Security and Security Law (ISL) and like its predecessor, it is interdisciplinary and deals with technical, economic and legal aspects of IT security. Scientists from all faculties of the university work together in PIDS on new and innovative solutions for cyber security.
The PIDS is active in research, teaching and consulting. Our portfolio includes:
- Basic research and consulting on IT security
- Development of technical principles and innovative procedures for IT security and security testing
- Development of security strategies and secure business processes
- Legal support in the development of security strategies and business processes
- Consulting, training and development projects in the field of IT security
- Policy advice on IT security
- Courses, training and conferences on IT security
We have launched a YouTube channel to inform about PIDS activities.